Tuesday, December 22, 2009

LC Puppy Chow










I just made some LC puppy chow from a basic recipe my friend, Nikkiluvslowcarb, told us about in our support group. It seems like everyone is eating this around the holidays so why should we be left out? I'm sorry if someone has posted a recipe similar to this, but here's my version of it if anyone is interested:

I just used 1 whole large bag of pork rinds and the mixture covered it quite nicely. I used:

1/2 cup Smuckers all natural, no sugar added peanut butter
3tbsp unsweetened cocoa
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/2 stick butter
sweetner to taste (in the mixture not coated), I used about 2tsp liquid sweet and low
1 large bag regular flavor pork rinds.

granular splenda

Melt the PB, cocoa, coconut oil, butter, and sweetner together, mix well, spread pork rinds out in thin layer and cover with mixture. I did go ahead and dust it in granular splenda because it needed the extra sweetness, especially having chocolate and needing 2 diff. sweetners so its not bitter. I don't see why non low carbers would need to use cereal and not pork rinds I just sprinkled the splenda over it, in regular puppy chow you put powdered sugar into a paper bag and put the mixture into it and shake until everything is coated, I didn't to lower carbs and because it really didn't need much.

Ok, with my ingredients (IE the liquid sweet and low and brand of peanut butter I used) I'm calculating the nutrition facts should be around:

Total batch: Cal:3132, Fat:246.2, Carb:36

Per 1/6th recipe: Cal:522, Fat:41.03, Carb:6
Per 1/8th recipe: Cal:391.5, Fat: 30.78, Carb:4.5
Per 1/10th recipe: Cal:313.2, Fat: 24.62, Carb:3.6

Sorry I don't do net carbs so I don't have that count. They would be a lot lower though if you do net.

I said 1 bag of pork rinds was about 8 cups, I'm estimating there, but that wouldn't increase the carb count anyways. It makes a pretty big batch and you could easily get 8-10 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment