Thursday, October 9, 2014

Witches Brew-Not To Eat, To Smell!

 Original Link-Witches Brew
Witches Brew
1 apple
1 orange
1 lemon
2 T whole allspice
2 T whole cloves
4 cinnamon sticks
Slice fruit into rings. Don't worry about peels, seed, cores, etc. Place all ingrdients into a crock-pot. Fill with water. Simmer on low. Refill with water as needed.  Be careful not let the water get too low.
Making this tonight!

My Notes:I made this last night. I added a pear as well, and used a ton more spices, and honestly, it smelled good, and it filled my kitchen and kind of my living room, but it wasn't as strong as I had hoped.

10/13/14-Ok, I'm using a huge pot on my stove, and I've figured out I need 2 whole pieces of each fruit to get that smell. Also,my pot has to be really full of water or the smell isn't nearly as strong.  

No comments:

Post a Comment