Monday, January 18, 2010

Whey Not Cake and Whey Not Brownies!




2 eggs
3 scoops whey protein powder (vanilla)
1 stick butter
1/2 cup sweetener (I use liquid sweet n low)

Melt butter, add eggs, whey protein powder and sweetener. Mix well and put in an 8x8 baking dish. Cook on 325 for about 15-20 minutes. Makes 9 servings. Each serving has about 1g carb per piece, depending on the whey protein powder you use.
Counts per batch: Cal:1347 Fat:364 Carb:8.8
Per 1/9th: Cal:150 Fat:40.4 Carb: 1










For the chocolate:
2 eggs
2.5 scoops whey protein powder
2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1 stick butter
1/2 cup sweetener

Per Batch: Cal:1322 Fat:364 Carb:13.3
Per 1/9th: Cal:147 Fat:40.4 Carb:1.5


Edited to add: If you want these less cake like and more hard and portable and "bar like" only use 1 egg. The counts for the recipe this way is:
Per Recipe: Cal:872 Fat:312.8 Carb:8.8
Per 1/9th: Cal:96.9 Fat:34.76 Carb:1

I used the Body Fortress brand at Walmart but if you used Jay Robb or another lower carb brand they wouldn't even have that many carbs! The Jay Robb brand would reduce the carbs from 8.8 to 3.8.
















Updated 02/19/10

People have been playing with the recipe over at LCF and came up with some pretty tasty looking treats. I haven't got a chance to try these yet but they look so good I don't see how they can not be good. These are both variations created by SuzannaFrance.
1. 1/2 cup melted butter (or fat of choice)
2. Liquid Splenda equivalent to 1 cup + a splash of davinci vanilla for flavor and 1 big TBLS diabetisweet brown (or more to your taste)
3. 2 eggs
4. 1/2 cup plain protein powder (adjust for thickness). I use InkoSpor MUSCLE 95.
5. A pinch of baking powder and salt to taste.
6. Chocolate chips (use more than I did here, which was one half a chocoperfection chunked)

Method:
I used mostly butter, but topped it off with a spoonful of EVCO. Melted it. Probably just over 1/2 cup total melted.

Added some liquid splenda equivalent to 1 cup ( I would use some davinci vanilla here as well next time) and about a TBLS of diabetisweet brown. Mixed with stick blender.

Added 2 eggs, mixed again.

Added 1/3 cup protein powder and a pinch of salt and a pinch of baking powder. Mixed (I add the salt because the butter I have is unsalted.)

It was too thin, so I added about another HALF of the 1/3 cup (1/6 cup??) and stirred it in by hand as it was now too thick for stick blender.

Then I added the chunks of ChocoPerfection and voilĂ !

I baked them at 180 CELCIUS, which is 350 F I think. About 15 min, but I'd leave them in longer next time. Just keep an eye on them!

































SuzannaFrance also made a Cinnamon roll/monkey bread variation out of this:
This is her only variation:
"This makes FANTASTIC CINNAMON ROLLS! Well, not rolls, but they taste like it.

I put a mix of Somersweet and Diabetisweet brown and lots of cinnamon in the baking pan FIRST. Then I add the basic mix on top. I also sprinkle that with cinnamon and bake. (I also use a pinch of baking powder in mine, but it rises whether you do or not).

Any seepage of butter mixes with the "sugar" and cinnamon and makes a delicious and decadent glaze. I turn it over onto a plate when I take it out, while it is still hot. It glazes up and makes what tastes like heaven to me!

Something between Monkey bread and cinnamon rolls."














No comments:

Post a Comment