Monday, February 28, 2011

Ouizoid's Shiratake Thai Peanut Noodles-Tweaked

ouizoid's original recipe:

1-large package Miracle Noodles rinsed VERY well and drained and pandried
Fry gently in frypan til moisture evaporates

Sauce
2 Tbs soy sauce
1/2 tsp or less (depending on your tolerance) chili garlic sauce
1/4-1/2 tsp minced garlic and ginger (I buy them jarred and preminced)
SF Coconut Davinci's to taste (1 Tbs to start and then add as you like) (I eliminated)
1 Tbs Peanut Flour (or peanut butter if you do that)(I used walden farms peanut butter spread)

I added-tbsp sesame oil (to fry noodles in)
1 sliced green onion
1/2 clove garlic (fried in sesame oil w/onions and noodles)
2tbsp bean sprouts
1tbsp heinz 1gC ketchup (into sauce mixture)

I prepared the noodles the same as ouizoid, except after I rinsed them, I simmered them in some chicken stock that had garlic in them, for about 10 minutes. Then I pan dried them. Then took them out of the pan and started the stir fry as normal w/sesame oil, garlic, bean sprouts, and green onions. I added the noodles and let cook for about 3 minutes, then added about 3/4 of the sauce. They didn't need all of the sauce. I let it all cook for about 3-4 more minutes and that was it. Garnished with some sliced green onions on top and I ate it with some pickled, sliced jalapeno (that's how my thai place served pad thai).




Next time I will add some fresh lime juice and leave out the bean sprouts. They didn't add much to the dish. I will also leave out the sesame oil to save calories, it didn't really need it. I will also use either real peanut butter or peanut flour like ouizoid did, the Walden Farms Peanutbutter spread didn't add any flavor.

Whole recipe count:

Calories:170 (mostly from sesame oil) Fat:13.7g Carb:8.2g Fiber:2.22g Net Carb:5.98g

1 comment: