Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Got a Keurig!

I got a Keurig coffee maker for Christmas. It's awesome! I got a sample pack of different flavors of coffee's so I thought I would keep track of it here. I got the single cup mini brewer in red. It looks exactly like the one above. These are the flavors I got in the sample pack:
Caribou blend



The Caribou blend was ok. Nothing spectacular about it. I'm writing the review a week later and I hardly remember it, so probably not something I would buy again. It didn't Wow! me.









The Green Mountain Nantucket flavor is awesome on the other hand. I have a huge box of that, it's all I have left, but I'm not dissapointed. It has this light, fresh, carmel type aroma and it's not acidic at all. This is a very good flavor. It's not too overly heavy, a medium roast.



Timothy's decaf colombian-This was ok, one of the only flavors I had left so I tried it. I prefer caf vs. decaf, it was pretty light on flavor. So far I don't particularly care for the Timothy's brand.









Diedrich coffee french roast blend-Tried yesterday, not acidic at all, very good flavor and bold, robust flavor.










Newmans own extra bold special blend-This is very good. It's a very heavy, dark and bold coffee, just as the name suggest. It definately woke me up, but it was very good. I am out of sweetener so I drank it black. It was one of the better dark bold coffees I have tasted. I still like Deidrich french roast the best so far. The earl grey tea is giving all of them a run for their money though.

Timothys nicaraguan fair trade organic-tried this one this morning. It's good, but acidic, a little more acidic than I like in coffee. Probably wouldn't buy it again.











Tully's kona blend-This one is pretty strong, a little acidic, kind of reminds me of Timothys nicaraguan fair trade organic blend, but not as bad. It has a kind of nutty, floral after taste. It's not bad, quite enjoying it black right now. *update* The first few sips were ok, after that it got bad. It had a really bad after taste and the more I tried to drink it the more I couldn't choke it down. I ended up throwing it in the trash.



Gloria Jeans hazelnut-this one has a good flavor, doesn't need sweetener, but it's not sweet on it's own. Very "hazelnutty", but I'm not sure I like hazelnut...





Bigelow earl grey tea-This is awesome. I'm not a big hot tea drinker, but this is very good hot, doesn't need any sweetener, and it's got a slight citrus taste to it but not like a lemon zinger tea. This is very very good tea when you want something lighter than coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment